RE: Phoenix End Song, et al

  • Marc Haines
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8 7:48 PM
      No, Des, this comic is not hard to find. Unfortunately, lately, comics have
      become these 'phenom' flash in the pan 'hot commodities' i.e. Identity
      Crisis, GL Rebirth, Phoenix Endsong et al.
      I remember when X Files #1 was going for $40, and I was going to hold on
      until it went up. Shame on me. People (especially people who don't regularly
      collect comics) are trying to capitolize on this resurgance of 'hot' comics.
      Remember the 'Death of Superman'? The day that book went on sale I paid $5
      for a $3.95 comic (who was the idiot?). It sucks that new collectors are
      falling into this mentality and ruining collecting. This seems to happen
      every several years. I think the most recent book to begin this trend again
      was Batman 'Hush' first part with Jim Lee, or maybe Hulk 34 with the first
      Bruce Jones storyline. I haven't seen that happen in a while. Think about
      how much the Authority went for in its day.
      If this guy can get some sap to fall for the trend and pay high money for
      this book, more power to him. I just enjoy the art in the book. I'd be happy
      just to get back what I spent on a book myself.
      What sucks more is, comic shop retailers are falling into the game by
      holding on to issues, and then releasing them a month later for double cover
      price, if not more. Sorry the comic market is in an economic slump along
      with the rest of commerce in our country.
      Remember when comics were just fun?
      Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?
    • Dean Mullins
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9 4:35 AM
        Marc I agree with every word you wrote... thats why I
        say away from certain issues because some want to jack
        up the price and tell you how rare that book is and u
        can find it down the road for a buck twenty five and
        not 10.00....my wife thinks its fun because I can go
        to a shop and pick out a comics and then go too the
        .50 cent bin and not have to pay 7 or 8 bucks for the
        same issue....And I do rememeber when comics were
        fun... the phoenix end song has great art the story
        could be better but I'm not paying over cover price
        for it or the variant for that matter......

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • desmond mcquilkin
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10 6:35 PM
          i miss that comic. i still have the digest #1, but it's in horrible condition, like most of my good comix.

          Marc Haines <marcshaines@...> wrote:
[...]

          Do you Yahoo!?
          Make Yahoo! your home page