Watchmen Sucked! What do U Think

  • risingstarsfan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2002
      I dont Understand. Ive Had a subscription to wizard for liuk3 years
      and they always talk about watchmen being the "greatest Story ever
      told". Well I got it, read it, and it really dissappointed me. I felt
      cheated. it didnt really suck, i just wasnt that great, the only cool
      thing was the end. What do you guys think?
    • tomikado
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2002
        I liked that they had problems and that story was not so much
        about bashing their heads with the super criminals.
        Maybe you had too much expectations for it.

        But if you didn't like it; which TPB's do you like?

        Tomi
      • risingstarsfan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2002
          I loved The Dark Knight Returns, Batman The Long Halloween Which i
          read in one sitting, i liked all brian michael bendis,(fire, alias,
          and torso) I got Ultimate x-men and i think its better than the
          original, 300 was good.But the Best of all time in tpb,was kingdom
          come. fabulous and i hate most of DC. And Marvels was great, but i
          dont really like tpb unless the issues r too expensive. well i agree,
          that it was good about not having too much violence, but there are
          too many better stories. In my opinion, Rising Stars is the best
          story ever written. ive read the series over and over. its just
          brilialnt. What do you like? tpb and ongoing?
        • tomikado
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2002
            --- In comic_books@y..., "risingstarsfan" <bigdaddy2002@a...> wrote:
            > I loved The Dark Knight Returns

            Yes, Frank sure married a talented colorist in Lynn Varley.
            Of course the inks by Klaus Janson only helps.

            , Batman The Long Halloween Which i read in one sitting,
            Yes, the story continued with Dark Victory (still missing issues).

            i liked all brian michael bendis,(fire, alias,
            > and torso)

            Torso was beautifully written but the art left something
            to be hoped for.

            I got Ultimate x-men and i think its better than the
            > original, 300 was good.

            John Byrne-run is still the best. Morrison & Quitely not
            on TPB, yet!

            But the Best of all time in tpb,was kingdom
            > come. fabulous and i hate most of DC.

            Well, it was NICE. Best? No.
            I prefer JLA: Earth 2 ... no, it's a HC book not
            a TPB, sorry. Crisis on Infinet Earths was THICK but story
            was a bit shallow. Grendel: Warchild, no, Dark Horse not DC.
            Ah, GOT IT! The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told.
            That is at least BETTER than Kingdom Come.

            In my opinion, Rising Stars is the best
            > story ever written. ive read the series over and over. its just
            > brilialnt.

            Ouch, I don't know this one. Darn!

            >What do you like? tpb and ongoing?

            Authority, Planetary, JLA, Grendel: Warchild,
            New X-Men (Morrison & Quitely), Marshall Rogers run on Batman,
            Sin City (1st TPB), Xenozoic Tales, Rocketeer, Love & Rockets,
            Terry and the Pirates, Agent X-9, Punisher, Metabarons,
            Technopriests, Vortex, Incal, Blueberry, V for Vendetta, etc.
            Oh, looking forward for Marvel Boy TPB.