OT Sponsoring a child.

  • Gary Arkell
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      I am thinking of sponsoring child through
      Children, Inc
      (www.children-inc.org). It costs $24 a month,
      just $288 a year. The
      child could be in USA or Latin America, Middle
      East, Africa, Asia and
      either a boy or a girl. You get a picture of the
      child and you
      exchange letters.
      The representative on the phone told me the
      letters and the checks go
      to the local school and the child picks them up
      from the school. You
      do not actually get their home address.

      I am hoping some of the list members will go in
      with me. That way it
      will be more fun. I will set up a separate yahoo
      group of the argeed
      sponsors and the $288 will be divided up between
      the number of
      sponsors. We will have to work out how the funds
      get collected and send
      to Children, Inc. But between "friends" this
      will be easy. If we get
      24 members it will only be $1 per member per
      month. This way I will
      receive the child's letters and email them to the
      list and the list
      members can write letters and I will print them
      out and send them to
      the child. Of course we will have to think of
      nice things to write
      about but that should be easy since many of us
      have children of our
      own. We could even send the child small gifts on
      his or her birthday
      and books or comics. My friends have actually
      visited the child they
      sponsor in Dominician Republic.

      If you are interested please email me personally.
      I am going to do
      this anyway, but I thought inviting some list
      members would spread the
      fun around.

      =====
      Comics, Trade paperbacks and Hardcover books for sale
      Request a listing, email me personally...gsarkell@...

      REALITY EXISTS FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T COPE WITH FANTASY

      DON'T DREAM IT BE HERE

      Gary