Re: [comic_books] 1960 cartoon comics

  • Paul Bryant
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2005
      There is also a website where non-members, for free, can access a price guide search engine It's called comicspriceguide.com. However, I've noticed it doesn't always correspond to Overstreet. For instance, last week, I was looking up Fantastic Four (1st series) prices, and they were significantly lower than those in Overstreet. The I looked up Amazing Spider-Man (1st), and they were actually higher than Overstreet. If this is going to be a one-time reference for Avondale, she might want to forego the cost of an Overstreet guide.
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
        If you do not want to buy a guide. You can just email me the issue
        numbers and dates and I will send you the information from my copy.

        --- Tricia <Fan4_4ever@...> wrote:

        > Do you live near any comicbook stores? If yes, head over to one and
        > get something called the Overstreet Price Guide. It looks like a mini
        > phonebook, with a comicbook cover illustration on the front.
        >
        > avongal_2000 <avon@...> wrote:
        >
        > My grandmother recently passed away. In going through her things, we
        > found several comics from 1960. Tom & Jerry, Walt Disney, Felix the
        > Cat, Sad Sack (Harvey), Daisey Duck and Uncle Scrooge. They are not
        > in very good shape. Are they worth anything? I've never been a
        > collector so wouldn't know. If so, where would I sell them? Ebay
        > doesn't seem to be the market. Perhaps here, or for trade? Thanks
        > for any advice you can provide. I can only offer skin care and
        > beauty advice.
        > Avongal in California.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        > document.write('');

        > Service.

        =====
        Comics, Trade paperbacks and Hardcover books for sale
        Request a listing, email me personally...gsarkell@...

        REALITY EXISTS FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T COPE WITH FANTASY

        DON'T DREAM IT BE HERE

        Gary
      • Darrell Skeens

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
            Thanks so much. I don't even know about a guide.
            Harvey Comics:
            Sad Sack, June 1960 Vol. 1 No. 106
            Felix the Cat July 1960, Vol 1 No. 110
            Dell Giant:
            Tom & Jerry March 1960 Vol. 1 No. 188
            Disneyland USA 1960 No. 30
            I have a menu from 1938 too. My grandmother didn't throw anything away!

            =====