Re: [comic_books] howdy guys

  • bigal4151@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2005
      I read several of the Crossgen titles, good solid entertaining titles. Ruse, Way of the Rat, Brath, Sojourn late in it's run (loved that slick Greg Land artwork), on occasion read other Crossgen titles. Read Identity Crisis, too. Wasn't as disappointed as some seem to be over the ending. In Crisis on Infinite Earths, DC destroyed multiple universes, I can't see how they could have topped that with the ending to IC. Which isn't to say it was perfect. Rags Morales' art wasn't quite as good as it was on Hawkman, but was still very good.

      Allen Smith
    • edward wlzk
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2005
        i liked idenity crisis is was ok and thor was good crossgen stuff was not that great dc and marvel are putting out some stuff im waiting to jim Lees new batman and robin title and young avengers.

        christopher <ioffer63@...> wrote:

        hey scott and tricia and whomever else is lurking out there----

        have either of you guys read any of the crossgen titles? i found some
        of them to be quite good....

        or how bout the authority or powers? planetary?

        how bout the identity crisis? i felt jipped...it didnt quite live up
        to the hype. the first couple of issues were amazing. when i found
        out it was ray palmer's ex who flipped out and killed sue dinby..i
        thought makes sense but truly was not satisfying.

        btw, i also hated what happened in thor......

        chris

      • sctt_adkins
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 12, 2005
          --- In comic_books@yahoogroups.com, "christopher" <ioffer63@y...> wrote:

          I did read some of the identity Crisis story line.

          I really hated that the ended Thor but they did it in a neat simi
          mytholorically accurate way. It fit well with the actuual Norse
          mythology.

          Even had the goats getting eaten and their bones smashed so they could
          not be reborn. Now thats obscure!

          > hey scott and tricia and whomever else is lurking out there----
          >
          > have either of you guys read any of the crossgen titles? i found some
          > of them to be quite good....
          >
          > or how bout the authority or powers? planetary?
          >
          > how bout the identity crisis? i felt jipped...it didnt quite live up
          > to the hype. the first couple of issues were amazing. when i found
          > out it was ray palmer's ex who flipped out and killed sue dinby..i
          > thought makes sense but truly was not satisfying.
          >
          > btw, i also hated what happened in thor......
          >
          > chris
        • sctt_adkins
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 12, 2005
            --- In comic_books@yahoogroups.com, bigal4151@a... wrote:

            Not only that they freakin KILLED BARRY ALLEN!!!!!

            And Kara Supergirl and KRYPTO!!! i mean how cold is that they killed
            Supermans DOG!

            BTW am i alone in not likeing the New Green Arrow? I miss Ollie :(