Re: howdy guys

  • Kevan Moniz
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2005
      nor have i im into stuff from image(read it) but i buy alot of marvel
      (dont read it) cause lets face it there the ones that go up in
      value. im really into image because the art on those books are
      fantastic i mean the woman alone in the comic books WOW id like to
      trade in my wife for one of them some day lol im kidding but for real
      the art is COOL in image books but the good news is it looks like
      alot of those artists are moving over to marvel and it looks like
      they got rid of all the "old school" artists which is good. cause if
      the art sucks i cant get into the story but if the arts good i can
      get into it i still dont know what they are doing with manga art
      though i hate that stuff looks like alot of books are going to those
      anyhow you like crossgen cool but start reading darkness and gen 13
      and stuff thems the good ones

    • bigal4151@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2005
        I read several of the Crossgen titles, good solid entertaining titles. Ruse, Way of the Rat, Brath, Sojourn late in it's run (loved that slick Greg Land artwork), on occasion read other Crossgen titles. Read Identity Crisis, too. Wasn't as disappointed as some seem to be over the ending. In Crisis on Infinite Earths, DC destroyed multiple universes, I can't see how they could have topped that with the ending to IC. Which isn't to say it was perfect. Rags Morales' art wasn't quite as good as it was on Hawkman, but was still very good.

        Allen Smith
      • edward wlzk
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2005
          i liked idenity crisis is was ok and thor was good crossgen stuff was not that great dc and marvel are putting out some stuff im waiting to jim Lees new batman and robin title and young avengers.

          christopher <ioffer63@...> wrote:

          hey scott and tricia and whomever else is lurking out there----

          have either of you guys read any of the crossgen titles? i found some
          of them to be quite good....

          or how bout the authority or powers? planetary?

          how bout the identity crisis? i felt jipped...it didnt quite live up
          to the hype. the first couple of issues were amazing. when i found
          out it was ray palmer's ex who flipped out and killed sue dinby..i
          thought makes sense but truly was not satisfying.

          btw, i also hated what happened in thor......

          chris

        • sctt_adkins
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 12, 2005
            --- In comic_books@yahoogroups.com, "christopher" <ioffer63@y...> wrote:

            I did read some of the identity Crisis story line.

            I really hated that the ended Thor but they did it in a neat simi
            mytholorically accurate way. It fit well with the actuual Norse
            mythology.

            Even had the goats getting eaten and their bones smashed so they could
            not be reborn. Now thats obscure!

            > hey scott and tricia and whomever else is lurking out there----
            >
            > have either of you guys read any of the crossgen titles? i found some
            > of them to be quite good....
            >
            > or how bout the authority or powers? planetary?
            >
            > how bout the identity crisis? i felt jipped...it didnt quite live up
            > to the hype. the first couple of issues were amazing. when i found
            > out it was ray palmer's ex who flipped out and killed sue dinby..i
            > thought makes sense but truly was not satisfying.
            >
            > btw, i also hated what happened in thor......
            >
            > chris
          • sctt_adkins
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 12, 2005
              --- In comic_books@yahoogroups.com, bigal4151@a... wrote:

              Not only that they freakin KILLED BARRY ALLEN!!!!!

              And Kara Supergirl and KRYPTO!!! i mean how cold is that they killed
              Supermans DOG!

              BTW am i alone in not likeing the New Green Arrow? I miss Ollie :(