Re: [comic_books] Good Graphic Novels?

  • henry ford
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      --- grogan45@... wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I am brand new to this group. I used to collect
      > comics from about 87 to 92.
      > I recently went through my old graphic novels and
      > really enjoyed them. I have
      > The Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, The Miller
      > Daredevil and Wolverine,
      > and a few others. I want to read some comics along
      > those lines. I have some
      > Christmas gift certificates to spend so I was
      > thinking of the following:
      >
      > Kingdom Come DC
      > Sin City 1st One Frank Miller
      > Dark Knight Sequel by Miller
      >
      > Are these ones any good?
      >
      > Thanks for the help,
      > Bill
      >
      > Bill, You can not go wrong with Kingdom Come,great
      story,even better artwork. Onr of the best DC ever put
      out. Henry

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Kevan Moniz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        Im not to sure about graphic novels but i can tell you this if you
        buy novels try to get hard covers. I tend to stick to just comic
        books cause its a great investment. I went to a pice guide and
        looked at kingdom come and it looks like its sky rocketing but of
        course thats hard covers and allways first editions. If you want to
        know the price this is a great site http://www.comicspriceguide.com/p-
        issues.asp?t_ID=674
        Personally i would buy lots of comics with your certificates but you
        may not be into that.
        Ill tell you that i bought the full run of the darkness and thats a
        great comic. much to my surprise they started volume two. I dont
        know if the darkness has a graphic novel or not but if it does id
        recomend that to you. If im babbling on i appoligize but one more
        thing before i go....
        ....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!