Good Graphic Novels?

  • grogan45@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
      Hello,

      I am brand new to this group. I used to collect comics from about 87 to 92. I recently went through my old graphic novels and really enjoyed them. I have The Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, The Miller Daredevil and Wolverine, and a few others. I want to read some comics along those lines. I have some Christmas gift certificates to spend so I was thinking of the following:

      Kingdom Come DC
      Sin City 1st One Frank Miller
      Dark Knight Sequel by Miller

      Are these ones any good?

      Thanks for the help,
      Bill
    • henry ford
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        --- grogan45@... wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I am brand new to this group. I used to collect
        > comics from about 87 to 92.
        > I recently went through my old graphic novels and
        > really enjoyed them. I have
        > The Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, The Miller
        > Daredevil and Wolverine,
        > and a few others. I want to read some comics along
        > those lines. I have some
        > Christmas gift certificates to spend so I was
        > thinking of the following:
        >
        > Kingdom Come DC
        > Sin City 1st One Frank Miller
        > Dark Knight Sequel by Miller
        >
        > Are these ones any good?
        >
        > Thanks for the help,
        > Bill
        >
        > Bill, You can not go wrong with Kingdom Come,great
        story,even better artwork. Onr of the best DC ever put
        out. Henry

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Kevan Moniz
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
          Im not to sure about graphic novels but i can tell you this if you
          buy novels try to get hard covers. I tend to stick to just comic
          books cause its a great investment. I went to a pice guide and
          looked at kingdom come and it looks like its sky rocketing but of
          course thats hard covers and allways first editions. If you want to
          know the price this is a great site http://www.comicspriceguide.com/p-
          issues.asp?t_ID=674
          Personally i would buy lots of comics with your certificates but you
          may not be into that.
          Ill tell you that i bought the full run of the darkness and thats a
          great comic. much to my surprise they started volume two. I dont
          know if the darkness has a graphic novel or not but if it does id
          recomend that to you. If im babbling on i appoligize but one more
          thing before i go....
          ....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!