comic books

  • californiadom
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2004
      Hello one & all
      I'm currently trying to open my own comic book store and am
      looking for any and all back issues so if you or someone you know of
      is selling their comic book collection please drop me a e-mail at
      pacificpagan@... and let's see if we can arrange something
      beneficial to both of us.
    • Michael Canfield
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004

        Morning....

        Where are you thinking of locating your shop?
        What is your competition like?
        How diverse is your product selection going to be?
        How VISIBLE is your location?
        Are you buying out an existing business or starting from scratch?
        What is your MARKETING budget like? How will you attract clients to your shop?

        As a potential comic shop owner these are questions you'll need to ask BEFORE you get into it. Depending on where you are you should plan on needing $25,000-$40,000 in start up capital. You need to have your new comic order in two months before you open your doors (comics are ordered two months out). A GOOD Point of Sale program is a must to help with your inventory control and your taxes! It is a tough way to make a living at times that is for sure. Just had TWO of our competitors close down this month. Be smart and think everything through.

        Our shop, Distant Realms Comics, Collectibles & Games has over 30,000 issues of back stock comics plus  a wide variety of rare and vintage books. I have posted several collections on the various lists and gotten some response.
        Here is the most current offering posted:

        We recently acquired several collections that had some pretty cool Vintage, Rare, Silver and Bronze Age books. We wanted to offer these books to you first before listing them on our web site and placing them in our store�s collection for sale (at a higher prince point of course). All the books are in Good to Very Fine condition (or better) and are priced well below Price Guide recommendations. If you buy three or more of the listed titles SHIPPING IS FREE! This list is complied with the VINATGE and RARE BOOKS first.

        All VINTAGE AND RARE BOOKS are in Very Fine condition. Pictures can be sent upon request (serious inquiries only please). All these issues are place well below book value!

        We also have some great $1,00, $2.00 and $4.00 books as well from different publishers. All of these books are in God to Very Fine condition. ALL BOOKS ARE BAGGED and BOARED!

        MARVEL: All in VERY FINE or better condition!

        The X-Men (Vol. 1) # 13 (w/ Juggernaught) $150.00

        The X-Men (vol.1) #41 (w/ Sub-human) $55.00

        The Uncanny X-Men #118 $50.00

        The Uncanny X-Men #120 $20.00

        The Uncanny X-Men #136 $15.00

        The Uncanny X-Men #137 $15.00

        The Uncanny X-Men #140 $40.00

        The Uncanny X-Men #141 $65.00

        The Uncanny X-Men #143 $20.00

        The Uncanny X-Men #148 $15.00

        The Uncanny X-Men #151 $10.00

        The Uncanny X-Men #152 $10.00

        The Uncanny X-Men #160 $10.00

        The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol.1) #6 $100.00

        The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol.1) #8 $75.00

        The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol.1) #10 $300.00

        The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol.1) #14 $300.00

        The Avengers (Vol. 1) #8 $85.00

        Man-Thing #3 $8.00

        Tales of Suspense w/ Iron Man and Captain America #97 $15.00

        NOTE: We have a great collection of Tales of Suspense w/ Iron Man and Capatain America. If you are looking for a particular issue please contact us!

        Chamber of Darkness (w/ Stan Lee and John Bucema) # 1 $45.00

        Chamber of Darkness # 3 (w/ Smith) #15.00

        The Incredible Hulk #180 $85.00

        NOTE: We have a great Selection of Hulk comics. If yu are looking for a particular issue please let us know. Also Doctor Strange, Fantastic Four and other Marvel titles are currently in stock!

        DC: All in VERY FINE or better condition!

        New Gods #1 (w/ Kirby) $50.00

        Mystery In Space #54 $100.00

        Mystery In Space #56 $80.00

        Mystery In Space #57 $55.00

        Mystery In Space # 66 $70.00

        Mystery In Space # 87 $45.00

        The Flash (Vol. 1) #109 $80.00

        The Brave and the Bold #104 $10.00

        Green Lantern (Vol. 1) #143 $4.00

        Shazam #1 (1973-reprints origin story) $10.00

        JSA #22 (new Hawkman) $9.00

        Forever People #8 (w/ Kirby) $10.00

        Strange Suspense Stories #53 (1961) $12.00

        NOTE: we have agreat selction of DC titles. If you are looking for a particular issue please let us know!

        OTHER BOOKS:

        SIGNED by Michael Turner-IDENTITY CRISIS #1 (first printing) $25.00

        SIGNED by Nelson-Adventures of Superman #627 $4.00

        Tor #2 (Joe Kubert Cover and Art) $6.00

        Strange Flying Saucers Adventures #2(very rare-Ernie Chan cover. Was published by DC quarterly. This is the Summer 1976 issue) $30.00

        Strange Sports Stories #6 (published bi-monthly by DC. This is the July-August 1976 issue) $8.00

        ONE DOLLAR ($1.00) BOOKS:

        Man-Thing #22

        Killraven #29

        Werewolf by Night #36

        The Mighty Thor #251

        The Mighty Thor #239

        The Mighty Thor #238

        The Mighty Thor #237

        Luke Cage, Power Man #42

        The Man Called Nova #10

        The Man Called Nova #8

        Doctor Strange #17

        Doctor Strange #18

        Fantastic Four #180

        Fantastic Four #174

        Fantastic Four #163

        Fantastic Four #161

        The Incredible Hulk # 187

        The Incredible Hulk # 194

        TWO DOLLAR ($2.00) BOOKS:

        Kamandi: The Last Boy On Earth #46 (Ernie Chan cover)

        Kamandi: The Last Boy On Earth #31 (Kirby cover)

        Action Comics #475 (First app of Karb-Brakk �1977)

        Detective Comics # 449 (guest stars Elongated man �1975)

        World�s Finest #240

        World�s Finest #233

        Wonder Woman # 220

        Weird Wonder Tales (Kirby cover) #19

        Superboy & the Legion of Super Heroes #227

        Superboy & the Legion of Super Heroes #226

        Superboy & the Legion of Super Heroes #225

        Superboy & the Legion of Super Heroes #224

        Superboy & the Legion of Super Heroes #223

        Superboy & the Legion of Super Heroes #216

        Ghost Rider #18 (guest star Spider-Man)

        Ghost Rider #20 (guest star Daredevil)

        FOUR DOLLAR ($4.00) BOOKS

        King Conan #11

        Alpha Flight #17

        Alpha Flight #13 (Wolverine on the cover)

        Alpha Flight #3

        Wonder Woman #235

        All in VERY FINE or better condition!Simply drop us a line via email (at

        dcamville@...) or give us a call at 510-739-1101. All titles are on a First Come First Served basis. Payment is due prior to delivery. Paypal , check and Credit cards accepted. Shipments will be done via USPS Priority Mail. To view these books simple come in to our store and present this email to any staff member to get these prices!

        We also have several duplicate long boxes of Marvel, DC, IMage and independent  tiltes. each box hold over two-hundered issues. All are bagged, boarded and in great shape. Depending on what each box contains we could let these go from roughly $300.00 a piece.

        DISTANT REALMS COMICS & COLLECTIBLES is located at 37876 Fremont Blvd. Fremont, CA. 94536. We�re open Tuesday-Friday 12:00 to 8:00, Saturday 1:00 to 8:00 and Sunday 12:00-8:00. 510-739-1101

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2009
          lots = bit mostly female friendly. action girl, moonshadow, akiko, bone, the dreaming, sandman . . etc.