Re: [comic_books] what are my comic cards worth?

  • wil maurer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2002
      really the best way to find out what something's actually worth (as opposed to
      what Wizard may say it's worth) is to check completed items on ebay...

      comic book cards, especially ones from the early-to-mid 90's (when most of them
      came out) aren't worth very much at all... chase cards routinely sell for about
      2-5 bucks each, and full sets do fairly well... Chances are, you'll never be
      able to sell them for more than 50% of what you paid for them. I sold a lot of
      about 1500 comic book cards on ebay a few months ago which included full sets
      of X-Men series I and II, as well as Marvel series II and various nearly
      complete Comic Images sets with about a dozen chase cards for $35... which is
      pretty indicative of what they're worth individually (about 2.3 cents each).

      There are a few things that do sell well: The Maxx, Groo, Milk & Cheese... even
      incomplete sets of these can sell for double the retail price of when they came
      out...

      The same goes for comic books. Complete, near-complete, or even partial sets of
      The Maxx and Groo The Wanderer usually sell for $2-$5 per issue in any grade. I
      find it extremely amusing that the only early 90's comics that are worth the
      paper they're printed on are comics nobody bothered to collect... X-Force #1??
      I have 26 copies from various collections I've bought... couldn't sell them if
      I tried... X-Men #1? all five covers? they printed 6 million copies of that
      comic... I can't even give them away. Spawn #1? The price guide says $20, but
      I'm lucky if I can sell one for $5...

      if anyone wants to buy a near-mint copy of Spawn #1 for $5, I'll throw in some
      X-Force #1's for free...

      oh, and Cards that came with Wizard or Hero magazines are practically
      worthless... People are always trying to post them for sale on ebay & nobody
      wants them- a waste of 30 cents...

      -Wil M. (naoko_3582)

      --- comic_books@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Re: need help what are my comic cards worth/where do i go
      > From: "msfourtune8" <msfourtune@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:25:57 -0000
      > From: "msfourtune8" <msfourtune@...>
      > Subject: Re: need help what are my comic cards worth/where do i go
      >
      > Hey so do I!
      >
      > Have you found any information yet?? I'm looking too, so when/if I
      > find anything, I'll let you know.
      >
      > What kind of cards do you have?

      =====
      ´┐Żnow playing: atmosphere - god loves ugly (2002, rhymesayers/fat beats)

      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
      http://www.hotjobs.com