Re: [comic_books] Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

  • jaxhammr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
      The Dark Knight Returns is the series that re-sparked my interest in Batman.  I had quit DC books altogether much to my chagrin.  If I had only stuck with Bats I would have had a  Batman/DC collection that would have rivaled Psycho.  As it is, I don't have many regrets because not many can stack up to my collection of X -books.
    • Jim Brakeville Jr.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
        I might be able to stand up to your X-book collection........what all do you have??????

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
          Hey...

          Have to agree with you all on this. the Dark Night returns was a
          landmark for DC. Miller did a great job of relating the gritty and
          chaotic nature of the story. One of my personal favorites. Any
          thoughts on DK2? It had some intersting imagery and plot twists.

          If you are a fan of these works and like action figures there will be
          a line of Batman: Dark Knight Returns inspired figures that will in
          stores in March of 2004. Looking at the most recent Previews magazine
          I have to say that tey look great! Batman, Superman, RObin and of
          course the Joker are all available! Looks like you can order them
          separately (which is really nice) so you can get only the figures you
          want. Your local shop should be able to order them for you. If not
          PLEASE drop me a note as I KNOW we are ordering at least two sets for
          the store...I can add more to that order as long as I know by January
          15, 2004. Drop me a line her is interested. maybe we can work out a
          group discount? Just a thought.

          Looks like a "year one" batman movie will be out in 2004. Just
          keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a decnet Batman movie. I
          lost heart in the movie franchise after Tim Burton stopped directing.
          Any thoughts?

          Cheers!

          Michael