Mid Ohio Con Report

  • steven fain
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
      hey all...i went to the Mid Ohio con this weekend and
      it was great....i didn't meet one person who wasn't
      nice....the least talkative was Alan Davis but to be
      fair i didn't have much to say to him either...just
      told him i appreciated his work and he smiled and said
      thanks and signed my books and told me to enjoy the
      rest of the show...you know when that is my WORST
      experience that the rest of this is going to be
      good...
      Bendis, Oeming and Mack...Bendis smiled and talked
      while he signed massive stacks of books for
      everyone..class act he is...Oeming was also
      superfriendly but i had trouble catching him due to
      panels and lunch and he was too backed up to do a full
      sketch for me...he did me a headshot sketch of Diamond
      for free tho...Mack has to be the nicest guy on the
      planet..super friendly and gave me all kinds of Kabuki
      books and even ended up giving me two signed prints
      (due to an accident that happened)..he is sooo
      talented
      Paul Jenkins..i had been warned that he was kinda mean
      but the people that told me that must have been
      throwing rocks at him or something...he sat and talked
      to me for about 5 mins even though there was a line
      behind me..signed all my books and even described
      upcoming stuff in great detail...awesome
      Roger Stern...me being a big Amazing Spidey fan i was
      overjoyed to meet stern as well...he signed about 12
      books for me and even drew little speech balloons and
      remarked on some of them....great guy
      Tony Isabella...he was like talking to your next door
      neighbor...he started talking the second i made eye
      contact....he talked to everyone
      Mike Barr...he joked that he was surprised so many
      people were in his line becuase he didn't think anyone
      know who he was anymore..i had him sign some Detective
      comics stuff that he and Davis had done..we talked a
      bit about his upcoming Star Trek novel (a new one)
      Mark Waid...just as nice and polite as could be....he
      was getting ready to go to a panel so didn't talk
      long...
      Sean McKeever...cool guy..i didn't stick around long
      because i jumped out of line from Jenkins when i saw
      McKeevers booth with no one there...
      Kyle Hotz...this guy is some artist..i hadn't seen too
      much of his work but it looked really good
      Bruce Jones was there unadvertised so i didn't have
      anything for him to sign but stopped to say hi...he
      was cool but seemed very bored because no one was at
      his table all day long...no one even knew he was there
      Mark Wheatley...i had on a B5 shirt and we started
      talking Babylon 5..turns out he is a big fan...i
      looked through the upcoming issue 1 of Frankenstien
      Mobster...good stuff...everyone should pick this up..
      Tom Mandrake...he was really nice but was busy drawing
      all day...he did sell me a piece of original art at a
      great price tho

      also met Jennifer Janesko..she was nice but her stuff
      was VERY expensive...
      and my gf had a caricture done by Thom Zahler of her
      in a wonder woman outfit...it was pretty funny

      all in all a great show!!! the weather sucked tho..it
      was very cold....looking forward to next year
      already!!

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
    • Psycho the Clown
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
        > On 12/01/2003 12:00, steven fain (sdfain@...) spewed forth this nugget
        > of wisdom:
        >
        > hey all...i went to the Mid Ohio con this weekend and it was great...

        One offsubject question... Where, in Ohio, do you live? Two of my
        writers at Extra Padding are from Ohio (Ashland area... I think they're both
        in that area).
        --
        Stay Psychotic,
        Psycho the Clown

        And remember: Official inquiry

        WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The House and Senate intelligence committees want to
        look all the way back to 1986 as they investigate the U.S. government's
        strategy concerning international terrorism. The Bush White House, however,
        is objecting to this proposal. "We doesn't think this is a good idea," said
        Little Bush in a private interview with Extra Padding. "We does think they
        should be looking at past practices, but only as far back as 1992. There
        were fine, upstanding Republicans running this country before then!" -- from
        "The News!" at Extra Padding.com (http://www.extrapadding.com/), June 13,
        2002
      • steven d
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
          i live in the SE part...about 90 miles south of Columbus if that
          helps....i'm not exactly sure where ashland is but i think it is NW
          of me about 4 hours

          --- In comic_books@yahoogroups.com, Psycho the Clown
          <psycho1310@e...> wrote:
          > > On 12/01/2003 12:00, steven fain (sdfain@y...) spewed forth this
          nugget
          > > of wisdom:
          > >
          > > hey all...i went to the Mid Ohio con this weekend and it was
          great...

          > One offsubject question... Where, in Ohio, do you live? Two of my
          > writers at Extra Padding are from Ohio (Ashland area... I think
          they're both
          > in that area).
          > --
          > Stay Psychotic,
          > Psycho the Clown
          >
          > And remember: Official inquiry
          >
          > WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The House and Senate intelligence committees
          want to
          > look all the way back to 1986 as they investigate the U.S.
          government's
          > strategy concerning international terrorism. The Bush White House,
          however,
          > is objecting to this proposal. "We doesn't think this is a good
          idea," said
          > Little Bush in a private interview with Extra Padding. "We does
          think they
          > should be looking at past practices, but only as far back as 1992.
          There
          > were fine, upstanding Republicans running this country before
          then!" -- from
          > "The News!" at Extra Padding.com (http://www.extrapadding.com/),
          June 13,
          > 2002
        • Kyle
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
            Steven,

            Thanks for the very cool con report.  I love to read these, and I appreciate the time you took to write it!  It sounds like you had a great time, and that's pretty much the idea I get from all the reports I've read from there.

            Thanks again,
             - Kyle

            Do you Yahoo!?
            Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

          • Psycho the Clown
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
              > On 12/01/2003 12:38, steven d (sdfain@...) spewed forth this nugget of
              > wisdom:
              >
              >>> hey all...i went to the Mid Ohio con this weekend and it was great...
              >>>
              >> One offsubject question... Where, in Ohio, do you live? Two of my writers at
              >> Extra Padding are from Ohio (Ashland area... I think they're both in that
              >> area).
              >>
              > i live in the SE part...about 90 miles south of Columbus if that helps....i'm
              > not exactly sure where ashland is but i think it is NW of me about 4 hours

              Hmmm... I used to date a woman who lives in Toledo. She drove to and from
              Columbus every day.
              --
              Stay Psychotic,
              Psycho the Clown

              And remember: "Dammit Psycho! You're always making me hungry!" -- Female
              to join), June 16, 2003