Re: [comic_books] Re: Pricing info needed

  • Chris Gullo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2002
      Sir,
      How the hell did U get Action #1?!?!?!!? If U say
      U found it at a garage sale; I will HATE U!!!!! This
      is a comic book collectors dream!!!!!
      <SIGH> I am calm now. E-mail me a pic & I will try
      2 figure out its worth through condition. DO NOT TAKE
      IT TO A COMIC BOOK STORE!!!!! They will rip U off (If
      they want 2 buy it.) Look on comicsforcash.com (send
      to a message board) or even Yahoo!auctions. E-mail pix
      2 them as well. DO NOT SEND THEM THE COMIC IN THE
      MAIL!!! (sorry for all the yelling) U will never get
      it back!!! Also, leave word 2 spectre52@..., he
      seemed honest 2 me. Nice guy. I hope this helps Chris
      G. Rochester NY USA
      --- spiritmountain1600 <spiritmountain1600@...>

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 26, 2002
        --- Chris Gullo <jacig11@...> wrote:
        > Sir,
        > How the hell did U get Action #1?!?!?!!? If U
        > say
        > U found it at a garage sale; I will HATE U!!!!! This
        > is a comic book collectors dream!!!!!
        > <SIGH> I am calm now. E-mail me a pic & I will
        > try
        > 2 figure out its worth through condition. DO NOT
        > TAKE
        > IT TO A COMIC BOOK STORE!!!!! They will rip U off
        > (If
        > they want 2 buy it.) Look on comicsforcash.com (send
        > to a message board) or even Yahoo!auctions. E-mail
        > pix
        > 2 them as well. DO NOT SEND THEM THE COMIC IN THE
        > MAIL!!! (sorry for all the yelling) U will never get
        > it back!!! Also, leave word 2 spectre52@..., he
        > seemed honest 2 me. Nice guy. I hope this helps
        > Chris
        > G. Rochester NY USA
        > --- spiritmountain1600
        > <spiritmountain1600@...>
        > wrote:
        > > --- In comic_books@y..., "woodchip539"
        > > <woodchip539@y...> wrote:
        > > > I was able to get a ACTION COMICS #1 of June
        > 1938.
        > > > It is the first ACTION Comics that has Superman
        > > appearing in it.
        > > For
        > > > the life of me I have taken this Comic to 4
        > Comic
        > > Book places and
        > > > they have not been able to find the item
        > anywhere.
        > > > How Can I get this Comics Aprased!!!
        > > > Thank You
        > > > Ray :(
        > >

        > > This seems very odd to me. This is one of the
        > most
        > > famous books in
        > > comic collectibles. Just a glance in a normal
        > > Overstreet price guide
        > > could tell you the average price for that book.
        > The
        > > only possibility
        > > that I can see is that it is an Ashcan version of
        > > Action #1.

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
      • battleforitaly
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11 4:51 PM
          um... let me guess... the comic is rather thin, page-wise, like
          maybe 16, 20 pages or less... looks relatively new, cover paper
          is the same as inside, indica says 1938, doesn't mention
          anything about it being a reprint, but there's a Nestle Quik ad on
          the back cover? If so, it's an early-90's reprint that was given
          away with the "Reign of the Supermen" comics and it worth
          practically nothing, as there are maybe 10 gajillion of them out
          there. Hint: they probably didn't have the Quik Bunny back in 1938

          If the comic isn't as I described above, it's more likely that it's a
          70's reprint of Action #1... This comic is a different size than the
          original and is also very common, as it had two covers- the
          innermost exactly like the original #1 - and lots of people just
          ripped off the outside cover and tried to pass it off as an original
          copy. In that case, the comic is worth nothing whatsoever- its
          cover has been ripped off...

          The odds of someone "happening upon" an Action Comics #1
          are about ten billion to one- that is, about the same as being hit
          by a chunk of falling airplane or winning the lottery.

          -Wil M.

          --- In comic_books@y..., "spiritmountain1600"