Re: free preview of Katusha, Girl Soldier of the Great Patriot War graphic novel

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11 7:54 PM

      You came across well and had my interest until you finished by saying, "The war in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union was a confusing conflict between two brutal dictators, Hitler and Stalin, and for the people caught between them choosing sides was a difficult decision."

      The war was not between Hilter and Stalin.  It was a genocidal race war perpetrated by the followers of the Nazi ideology of Aryan race superiority against the Slavs and the Jews.

      There was no difficult decision and no confusion regarding defending the Motherland - Nazi Germany invaded the Soviet Union and razed hundreds of cities, 5,000 towns, 20,000 villages while torturing, raping, and murdering 18 million non-combatant civilians.  9-10 million soldiers, sailors, and air force troops gave their lives fighting the invaders.  Citizens formed partisan battalions, especially in Byelorussia, and fought to the last drop of blood against the invader.  Yes, there were traitors.  But, the vast majority fought against the Germans.

      Half of my family perished in Grodno and Minsk (Byelorussia).  Half of my wife's family died at the hands of the Nazi butchers in Kharkov (Ukraine).

      I will check this out, if only to see the historical accuracy and validity of the author's premises.

      - Mike