The Ultimate ECCC comic art haul!

  • James
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8 10:58 AM
      Well, it is for me, at least. I can't believe how lucky i was to pick up these pieces at ECCC this year. I don't think I can remember a show in recentl memory, where I obtained such awesomeness as what you are about to witness.

      First we have the only sketch I got all show, but considering who the artist is I don't think I could have done any better, anyhow:

      http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=991027&GSub=7434

      Then we have my first new cover piece for the year. What makes this special is that it's from a series that covers are hard to come by. On top of that this is the second cover appearence of the character, since they announced him getting his own series. This cover pre-dated that series #1 issue. Hard to pass up a piece with that kind of history:

      http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=991028&GSub=130729

      Then, we come to my splash page, which is the first page to the first issue of that same chavter. And is, to me, the quintessential piece anyone who likes this character would want to have. It's something that I'd truly call "frameworthy," so I can't believe it's actually mine:

      http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=991031&GSub=130731

      And last, but not least, we have a pin up from an artist I wasn't very familiar with before, but I will be from now on. This guys is so awesome, that I not only bought a pin up from him (which I'm not a big pin up fan), but it's of a character I can't say I ever really cared for. You know a guy has some serious talent when they can get you to pick up a piece that fits those criteria. Honestly, this pin up is better than many covers today. This guy is someone you all need to get more familiar with, as I see big things ahead for him:

      http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=991032&GSub=142163

      Well, that does it. Is this not one hell of a haul, like I said? And it's still early in the year. I can't wait to see what else is in store for me, from an OA standpoint, for the rest of 2013! Enjoy these and know there will be more to come.