worth

  • Brian Germain
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2003
      comics are always worth something to somebody.. but what issue of the ff do
      you have I see it's vol. 1 is it issue 1 as well? it could be worth a good
      deal if it is... best bet is to take it to a comic shop ask how much they'd
      give you and then figure that it is worth at least four times that
      amount.... also you could look at a price guide many of them include prices
      for fair to poor also..

      -Brian

      Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 23:40:16 -0000
      From: "c1mag2002" <c1mag2002@...>
      Subject: Fantastic Four Vol 1 No.

      Ok I'm pissed! I have this comic but it is far from mint
      condition. In fact some of the red lettering on top is missing.
      The interior is in tact. Now my question as a complete novice
      is..... Would this book be worth anything? The reason I am pissed
      is because in better condition it would be worth quite a bit. Are
      there buyers out there that pay for a comic and then restore them?
      I have some more comics from the early 60's which are in much better
      condition. There is one of Superman dying and that one is in good
      condition. Some Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane's as well.

      I have an inventory of old comics from the early 60's to about
      1975. I've actually got some comics of some 70's tv shows like Adam
      12, Emergency, and Star Trek the original series with W. Shatner.
      I've got lots of superheros, and walt disney comics, some Archies,
      and Flintstones as well. also all from the early 70's. I've got a
      Smokey The Bear comic as well. I think that is from 69. Too many
      too list right now. I will post that inventory later with all the
      information later. I can provide pic's of each book.

      However, I'm going back to my original question.... The Fantastic
      Four that I have. Is that thing worth anything in the condition it
      is in? It's the only one I've looked up at this point and it still
      pisses me off how much that book is worth if I just would have had
      the cover intact. Sorry if I rambled a bit but hopefully someone
      can give me some answers. Thanks!