comic catalogues 1969-71

  • Randall
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2012
      Is there a site/source of old comic catalogues? Or do any of you have a supply of 1969-71 catalogues? I was hoping to see a scan or copy of one which was advertised in all Marvel comics back in about 1970, free to anyone who wrote in for it. If I remember correctly it was just one A4 [standard sheet of paper] page folded to form four pages, though my memory is unreliable, it might have been two sheets.

      It began life as "Comic List - No. 1" and moved onto "No. 2", No. 3", "No.4" (#4, 1971). Anyway, it is either No. 2 or No. 3 which I am wishing to find, as I had a copy of it and once made a few purchases from it back in those halcyon days. The company was "Comic Sales Co." whose address was "Box M-352, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11211".

      If you open virtually any Marvel comic 1970-76 you will find this company's advertisement.

      I am grateful for any clues to finding this sort of item.

      Best,
      Randall