Re: Been reading my ol' Spideys...

  • phlegmail
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2012
      I go back and forth on Slott.

      Overall, I've not liked the Spidey books since JMS ran 'em into the ground (w/some admittedly brilliant but also some truly abysmal stories).

      And I don't know if it's editorial interference that makes Slott's work GOOD or makes it bad. But his writing style and tone changes GREATLY from story to story. For instance, when he first took over, he -- and editorial -- seemed to forget that Peter's brainy but socially awkward (even tho' the whole reason they re-set the Spidey-verse was to make him exactly that)...they just wrote him as shy and a wiseass.

      Then they fixed that issue.

      And today I saw a preview of an issue which makes Spider-Man look like a muscle-head dolt who flies off the handle and punches people out.

      Peter's not that hard of a character to write consistently. Someone like Tony Stark is a much more complex persona, yet his character isn't all over the place from issue to issue.

      That's my take anyway.