TRDL's Third Rail Thrills No. 77 - Zatanna

  • TRDL - Thom
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2011

      Wrongrobot’s Rudiments No. 1 – A is for Abracadabra
      Third Rail Thrills No. 68
      TRDL 2011 Series, No. 77

      This piece was done for the Magic Theme jam on the TRDL R3 Forum and TRDL-R3-WeeklyJam group on dA.
      I’ll be honest: I TRIED to do some other magic related characters. I explored a few concepts. But then the opportunity to do another pinup piece took hold, and I went for the fishnets, ESPECIALLY given the New 52 reboot design went away with then altogether (well, fishnet arm racers but really)…I’ve done a number of different versions of Zatanna over the years. The last one I did was very dark, being a Crime Syndicate version of the character, Zsatannei. This time, I gave her an alternative edge, but didn’t go crazy with it. She’s got a sleeve incorporating a bunny motif, ear plugs and under-lip and cheek piercings. Anyway, the costume isn’t particularly canon, just plays with the general theme of the character. This is the first of a new pinup girl series called Wrongrobot’s Rudiments, which is based on the alphabet trope… you can see the normal Third Rail Thrills Collection version in the process notes below.

      http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/blog/2011/10/19/trdls-wrongrobots-rudiments-pinup-no-1-zatanna/
      Click through to read more about it and see process pics and the like, if you enjoy such behind-the-scenes business.

      Artists, come join us on R3 and submit to the jams!

      Third Rail Thrills is a series of pin-ups inspired by classic cheesecake art. Some of these pieces may also occur in my other series' such as the Propaganda Art or Bomber Girls, but the Thrills series puts them against the showcase background and they are part of a growing collection on the main site.

      :::

      Artists, come join us on R3 and submit to the jams! The R3 Illustration Jam offers new characters weekly, but all jams remain open so you can contribute to any that you like, here:
      http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=27
      or on DA here: http://trdl-r3-weeklyjam.deviantart.com/

      Find Third Rail Design Lab here:
      TRDL Main Site: http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com