Re: [comic_books] Reverse "For Sale" List * 600 pieces OA, about 100 artists.

  • ComicSnobb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22, 2011
      In a message dated 8/21/2011 3:47:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, terry@... writes:
      So... We're just supposed to "guess" an artist and ask you if you have a
      piece by them?
      Wouldn't it be easier if you made a list of those 100 artists and uploaded
      it to the files section?
      You mention no "back and forth"" so a list with prices would cut to the
      chase and save us both time.
      OK - I'll start. Whatcha got by Marko Djurdjevic and how much do you want for it?
    • Kevin Warzecha
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 22, 2011
        Hello,

        I had replied to Terry privately, as it did not seem to warrant a group inclusive email, but apparently that is not to be the case. I will assemble a list of artists shortly for anyone interested, or some of them can be viewed here:

        http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=10527

        Thanks one and all for the exceptional response to my posting,
        Kevin.

        To: comic_books@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 27, 2011
          To the many collectors who responded,

          Thank you one and all - I am in the process this last week of compiling a complete list of art, and will send the results to every single person who responded - based on when you sent me emails, and as well to all who expressed general interest. I've never had so many inquiries in a post and will do my absolute best to reciprocate with a full and complete description of the art and any comics that were of interest.

          At the moment however, please be aware that I'm in a minor hurricane, but will nonetheless attempt to expedite the entire process - so as such I ask for a nominal amount of time.

          Thanks again,
          Kevin.

          From: tofreeyourmind@...
          To: tofreeyourmind@...
          Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 15:32:30 -0400

          One and all,

          I've decided to trim my art collection to 100 pieces, 25 each to be set aside for my 2 children and my sister's 2 kids. As such, I will be selling the remainder of the 600 approximate pieces I have purchased since 1989. Rather however, than distributing list after list of art, I have decided instead to answer EVERY legimate email inquiry concerning specific artists that I may have. Even if I do not have the artist, I will nonetheless answer your emails. I am as well, selling 16 longboxes of comics from 1945 to about 10 years ago, if you have inquiries - than by all means - specific series information requests are welcome and I will as time allows answer each of those once I have addressed the art questions. No "back and forth" no bargaining, I'll offer my lowest price immediately, and then you can decide. My own particular collecting compulsions have led to extensive collecting in a dozen more areas, so by all means - if you are interested in something outside of the comic art fields - please take a moment and draft an email and I will respond as soon as possible. My non-comics interests are as varied as oversized vintage foreign coinage, 19th century manuscripts, oceanic and pacific rim sculpture, stamps, esoteric topps non-sports cards of the 1950's, 19th century pottery, 18th and 19th century landscapes, etc, etc.

          Thanks much,

          Kevin.