TRDL's Third Rail Thrills No. 57 – Babydoll [Sucker Punch]

  • TRDL - Thom
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2011

      Third Rail Thrills No. 57 – Babydoll [Sucker Punch]
      TRDL 2011 Series, No. 27

      This was based on a sketch I did for the daily sketch challenge on #DailySketchChallenge, on DA.

      Sucker Punch seems to be many things to many people, most of them polarizing. Seeing the previews and promo art, it looked to me like a live-action hybrid of fantasy/adventure gaming, anime and urban fetish. Sounds great to me! I decided to draw Babydoll because I thought she was the most striking of the protagonist character designs, with the ghostly white hair and the schoolgirl uniform. I went for a classic pin-up pose, inspired by one of the masters, and though there’s a panty peak, I think it’s pretty tame overall. I had a lot of fun working out the details of the costume and accessories, as usual…

      You can read more about the process on this pic after the jump…
      http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/blog/2011/03/30/third-rail-thrills-no-57-babydoll-sucker-punch/

      Click through to read more about it and see process pics and the like, if you enjoy such behind-the-scenes business.
      Artists, come join us on R3 and submit to the jams!

      Third Rail Thrills is a series of pin-ups inspired by classic cheesecake art. Some of these pieces may also occur in my other series' such as the Propaganda Art or Bomber Girls, but the Thrills series puts them against the showcase background and they are part of a growing collection on the main site.

      :::

      Options!

      You can see this illustration here on the R3 Forum: http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20513

      Or here, as above, on the TRDL blog: http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/blog/2011/03/30/third-rail-thrills-no-57-babydoll-sucker-punch/