TRDL's Third Rail Thrills No. 50: Mary Marvel Pin-Up

  • Thom Chiaramonte
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2011

      Third Rail Thrills 50 – Mary Marvel Pin-Up
      TRDL 2011 Illustration Series No. 12

      This illustration was the result of the #DailySketchChallenge on Deviantart… I roughed the design for that challenge, and then finished it later.
      The first time I drew Mary Marvel, it was a minor redesign and she was punching out her multiverse nemesis, and was done in a more youthful, teen look. The last time I drew her, it was in the Black Mary period, and was one of the more successful nose girl bomber art type pieces I had done to date. This time, I did classic Mary costume, admittedly late teens or so. The pose was initially inspired by a photo of Wonder Woman’s Adrianne Palicki, and the face was inspired by Minka kelly, though neither very closely. This is the 50th Third Rail Thrills! pin-up, which took me by surprise… time is flying!
      Please enjoy, hell yes!

      Click through to read more about it and see process pics and the like, if you enjoy such behind-the-scenes business.  http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/blog/2011/02/19/third-rail-thrills-50-mary-marvel-pin-up/

      Artists, come join us on R3 and submit to the jams!

      Third Rail Thrills is a series of pin-ups inspired by classic cheesecake art. Some of these pieces may also occur in my other series' such as the Propaganda Art or Bomber Girls, but the Thrills series puts them against the showcase background and they are part of a growing collection on the main site.

      :::

      Options!

      You can see this illustration here on the R3 Forum:http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20139&p=158407#p158407

      Or here, as above, on the TRDL blog:http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/blog/2011/02/19/third-rail-thrills-50-mary-marvel-pin-up/