TRDL Tribute Art - Team Lope Bike Girl: Red

  • TRDL - Thom
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2010

      This illustration is the second in my series of sketches based on real people I see around, riding bikes and looking awesome.

      I saw this girl months and months and months ago, locking her bike up downtown. The bike was an unidentifiable tarcke bike, kind looked like a factory fixie, but the bars and saddle looked older. I was struck by her big puffy parka hood with the hair creeping out. Dodgy in summer, but I guess perhaps not here in the bay area. She was some sort of an Asian mix, and yes, pink belt and all, that's an accurate interpretation of her outfit. Sadly, no helmet that I saw.

      Drawing bikes is exhausting!

      Please enjoy.
      Please note, if you are interested in bikes and bike culture, you can visit my Team lope Tyre Clubbe site here:
      http://www.teamlopetyreclubbe.com

      :::

      You can find a larger version here.

      http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/blog/2010/09/16/trdl-tribute-team-lope-bike-girl-red/
      Click through to read more about it and see process pics and the like, if you enjoy such behind-the-scenes business.
      Artists, come join us on R3 and submit to the jams!

      :::

      Options!

      You can see this illustration here on the R3 Forum: http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=18055
      Or here, as above, on the TRDL blog: http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/blog/2010/09/16/trdl-tribute-team-lope-bike-girl-red/
      And you can see a larger view right off my TRDL Illustration Site, here:
      A choice for everyone!

      Thanks for looking,
      Thom
      Third Rail Design Lab