TRDL Tribute Art -Jinx (GI Joe)

  • TRDL - Thom
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2010

      This illustration was done for the TRDL R3 Illustration Jam, the subject being NINJA!. You can see the jam and all the entries, as well as view or contribute to other jams here.

      Given my time constraints AND my love of revisiting earlier work, when I have an opportunity to pull something out of the process drawer for one of the jams, I take it. This piece started life as a potential piece for one of the 80′s Ladies Calendar projects from a few years back, if I remember correctly. I put some work into trying to get the physique lean and muscular and in working out the details of one of those triathalon-type athletic swimsuits, so I saved it for a future opportunity just like this. The jam this week originally sent me down a different path, but when I was going through my sketch folder over the weekend I found this piece and remembered that Jinx was a ninja in the G.I. Joe world. Sure, she’s a red-cloaked, exotic-weaponed, garishly-decorated ninja, but hey. She’s just THAT GOOD. The concept here is that she dove down to a Cobra sub that is lurking under the surface, and is preparing to get up IN there and wreak havok.

      Please enjoy!
      :::

      You can find a larger version here.

      http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/blog/2010/09/30/trdl-tribute-jinx-g-i-joe/
      Click through to read more about it and see process pics and the like, if you enjoy such behind-the-scenes business.
      Artists, come join us on R3 and submit to the jams!

      :::

      Options!

      You can see this illustration here on the R3 Forum: http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=18188
      Or here, as above, on the TRDL blog: http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/blog/2010/09/30/trdl-tribute-jinx-g-i-joe/