TRDL's Third Rail Thrills, no. 36 - Cheshire

  • TRDL - Thom
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2010

      This illustration was done for the R3 Jam on TRDL’s R3 Forum. Artists can participate in any open jams by heading here. The subject this time: Cheshire, from DC Comics.

      I like the character of Cheshire, though not so much the costume, with all the green on green semi-swashbuckler details and very 80′s headband and one-sleeve action. But She reminds me, in tone, of where Viper could have gone but didn’t: fast-acting poisons, extreme martial arts skills, and most interesting, the babymomma thing. I tried to give her a mixed-ethnicity vibe in her face and skin tone, reflecting the vietnamese-french background. I like how it turned out.

      This is also the first piece with the new trade dress for Third Rail Design Lab. More to come!

      Please enjoy

      Click through below to read more about it and see process pics and the like, if you enjoy such behind-the-scenes business.
      Artists, come join us on R3 and submit to the jams!

      :::

      Options!

      You can see this illustration here on the R3 Forum: http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=17778&p=148075#p148075
      Or here, as above, on the TRDL blog: http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/blog/2010/08/25/third-rail-thrills-36-cheshire-pin-up/