OT: Anime/Comic/Gaming Convention - August 8th - Hayward, California

  • juline333
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2009
      I apologize for being off-topic, but I just heard of a small, local anime, comic & gaming convention that's going to be held next weekend for those living in the San Francisco Bay Area. The types of items being sold is huge -- everything from cards to cels, doujinshi to posters, art books to plushies, keychains to pins, dolls to figures, CDs to DVDs, cosplay toys to manga, laser discs to graphic novels, etc. For those of us who couldn't afford to go to San Diego ComicCon this year, here's a nice alternative that's affordable:

      KIN YOOBI CONVENTION 2009  (http://www.gzronline.com/kin-yoobi-con09.htm)
      August 8th (Sunday)
      @ Chabot College in Hayward, California

      Will feature many new and unique events such as: games (Anime Jeopardy, Wheel of Fandom, Anime Bingo, a Dragon Quest Tiny Medal scavenger hunt, all day unlimited table top RPGing/CCGing, and video game tournaments), a costume contest, anime karaoke, an art gallery & art contest, panels & workshops (voice acting panel hosted by professionals in the industry, anime comedy hour, artist fan jam, etc.), live bands playing anime & JRock/JPop/JHip all day long, a manga library (where you can pick up your favorite manga from donated titles & read them for free!), an anime date auction & ball, and anime viewing rooms galore.

      Guests include: Japanese rock bands "Fujiko-chan & "Akai Sky"; hip hop bands "Shogunate" and "Eloquence"; JRock guitarist "DBR"; Robert Axelrod (voice actor - Digimon, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Robotech, Akira, The Big O, Cowboy Bebop, Captain Harlock, etc.); Steven Savage (an anime/manga career counselor); DJ Iie (host of video game radio talk show "Retro Recreation" on KCRH 89.9FM); J-MAN (KCRH 89.9FM 2007 Broadcaster of the Year - will be laying down music from various anime throughout the day).

      COST: The cost for pre-registration (before August 1st) is $12. To pre-register, please send your email address to iie@.... They will than send you an invoice via email promptly. For early registration, they only accept credit card payments using Paypal for secure transactions. The cost for admission at the door will be $15.

      Vendors and dealers: The cost for a table at Kin-Yoobi Con is $50. If you are an artist who will only be selling your own personal art then you can reserve a table at the discounted price of $25.

      MISC.:
      Are you a band interested in performing at Kin-Yoobi Con? We love showcasing new and local bands who are looking for exposure. Contact the con at iie@... for sign-ups.
      Or are you an artist that specializes in anime style? Interested in having your art displayed at Kin-Yoobi Con? Register as an artist for our Artists' Gallery. Contact iie@... for sign-ups.