Rob. There was a full moon in late August that may have contributed to decreased coma size. Also for Guide software users, simulating the dust trail is easy.cometmanau
Thanks Thomas, nice work! Here's a link to my pre-perihelion coma sizes. While they may not accurately convey sizes obtained with deep CCD photography, I'vekaufman_rob
Rob, thanks for pointing out the pre-perihelion coma size development. I just prepared a plot showing (some) available data:
There is a special repository for important contributions which contains special guidelines and most helpful list contributions for comet observers which can be found at
- Comets, Meteors, and Asteroids
- Jul 18, 2001
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.