Hello Jakub, Thomas Yes I now see my image was taken at 19.58 UT, without complete darkness, as I wanted to get some work done before moonrise. Therefore myfinbarrconnolly
Hi Finbarr, depending on the method used to deduce comet magnitudes from CCD/DSLR images you may easily underestimate it by 1 mag. The main reason for this is
May I ask you, how did you determine that brightness from your image? Regards, Jakub Cernysigfridkaos
There is a special repository for important contributions which contains special guidelines and most helpful list contributions for comet observers which can be found at
- Comets, Meteors, and Asteroids
- Jul 18, 2001
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.