The story of Zhnag and Ikeya ,both the discoverers of 153P/Ikeya-Zhang

  • jinzhao_318
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hi all!
      I'm a 16-year-old comet fan from China.
      Some days ago in October I met Zhang Daqin ,one of the discoverers of
      153P/Ikeya-Zhang.
      You see,in China he is the only one who has discoverer a comet
      visually.
      Before the discoverer of 153p.Zhang has searched the comet for 10
      years,and now he is still serching.
      So to me he is a idol.However ,there is a thing what is never konwn
      by most of the people that in fact the idol of Zhang just is Ikeya.
      Zhang has told to me that without Ikeya,he will never relate to
      comets.
      In Zhang's childhood he had read a story about the
      famous "comethunter Ikeya",Zhang was interested by the story,Since
      then he determined to find a comet and Ikeya has also been his idol
      forever.
      On 1st February 2002 Zhang found the 153P and then to his surprise
      the other discover isn't other one ,just Ikeya,he's idol.He felt it
      is just fated by God!The man who made him to search the comets is
      just the company discoverer of his first comet.
      Zhang has a hope to visit Ikeya at all times.But what a pity,he
      didn't have a chance to Japan all along.
      In September 2005,I have a chance to Japan with our school and we
      visited Fukui and Tokyo.
      It's an unforgettable trip to me.The Japanese family is very friendly
      to me and my companies.
      Even though I have no chance to visit most of Japanese amateur
      astronomer ,it's a big pity to me .
      My English is not very well.So I can't express the feeling of
      Mr.Zhang very well.
      But I have a hope,I want that Ikeya can know it.I have been moved by
      this story.I think Ikeya will be happy when he knows it.
      I hope that Chinese and the Japanes can be friendly forever whatever
      has happened to our country and your country historically.It's a
      voice of New century people from China,at least it's my hope.
      Please convey my best regards to Ikeya,to all Japanese comet hunters.

      Best Regards
      Jin Zhao

      From Hangzhou ,Zhejiang Province,China