C/2004 B1, 9P, 21P

  • Seiichi Yoshida
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2005
      Dear colleagues,

      The following comets have not been observed recently. I mean, no total
      brightness have been reported. So the brightness is uncertain.

      C/2004 B1 ( LINEAR )
      9P/Tempel 1
      21P/Giacobini-Zinner

      Especially, C/2004 B1 must be already very bright. Visual observations
      of C/2004 B1 in the Southern Hemisphere are welcome.

      Please see the following page for further information.

      http://www.aerith.net/comet/weekly/current.html

      Seiichi Yoshida
      comet@...
      http://www.aerith.net/
    • Mark Jaworsky
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2005
        Dear Seiichi:

        Thanks for posting this request especially for B1 (LINEAR).
        Regarding that comet the IAUC Ephemeride does not list a total
        integrated magnitude (m1) estimate of the comet only m2. Is there a
        relationship between the two esimates that can be used to
        guess/calculate what m1 should be?

        Thanks in advance for a reply

        --- In comets-ml@yahoogroups.com, Seiichi Yoshida <comet@a...> wrote:
        > Dear colleagues,
        >
        > The following comets have not been observed recently. I mean, no
        total
        > brightness have been reported. So the brightness is uncertain.
        >
        > C/2004 B1 ( LINEAR )
        > 9P/Tempel 1
        > 21P/Giacobini-Zinner
        >
        > Especially, C/2004 B1 must be already very bright. Visual
        observations
        > of C/2004 B1 in the Southern Hemisphere are welcome.
        >
        > Please see the following page for further information.
        >
        > http://www.aerith.net/comet/weekly/current.html
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > --
        > Seiichi Yoshida
        > comet@a...
        > http://www.aerith.net/
      • Jose Carvajal
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2005
          Hi Seichi.

          I got 9P yesterday night (see below) as a very diffuse and difficult object despite of its relatively brightness and diameter.

          Regards.

          Jose.

          9P/Tempel
          2005 Sep. 3.86 UT: m1=11.7, Dia=2', DC=1/...45cm L (65x)...J.Carvajal (Avila, Spain)

          The following comets have not been observed recently. I mean, no total
          brightness have been reported. So the brightness is uncertain.

          C/2004 B1 ( LINEAR )
          9P/Tempel 1
          21P/Giacobini-Zinner

          Especially, C/2004 B1 must be already very bright. Visual observations
          of C/2004 B1 in the Southern Hemisphere are welcome.

          Please see the following page for further information.

          http://www.aerith.net/comet/weekly/current.html

          Seiichi Yoshida
          comet@...
          http://www.aerith.net/

          should be indicated by:

          Comets Mailing List [date]
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/comets-ml
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • David Higgins
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2005
            My recent observations using Wafrho indicate that 9P is between
            magnitude 12.1Rc (total) and 14.0Rc (Nucleus).

            Cheers

            David Higgins
            E14
            Canberra, Australia
            http://users.bigpond.com/higginsdj

            --- In comets-ml@yahoogroups.com, Seiichi Yoshida <comet@a...> wrote:
            > Dear colleagues,
            >
            > The following comets have not been observed recently. I mean, no
            total
            > brightness have been reported. So the brightness is uncertain.
            >
            > C/2004 B1 ( LINEAR )
            > 9P/Tempel 1
            > 21P/Giacobini-Zinner
            >
            > Especially, C/2004 B1 must be already very bright. Visual
            observations
            > of C/2004 B1 in the Southern Hemisphere are welcome.
            >
            > Please see the following page for further information.
            >
            > http://www.aerith.net/comet/weekly/current.html
            >
            > Best regards,
            >
            > --
            > Seiichi Yoshida
            > comet@a...
            > http://www.aerith.net/
          • Seiichi Yoshida
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2005
              Dear colleagues,

              Thank you for observations of 9P. Today I updated my light curves and
              information of comets in my web pages.

              Seiichi Yoshida
              comet@...
              http://www.aerith.net/