Re: Webcasts of Comet Tempel 1

  • Steve Farmer Jr
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hi Paul,

      The Deep Impact Small Telescope Science Program (STSP) should show
      many images before, during, and after the impact. Many of the photos
      will come from amateur astromomers, but some are using rather large
      scopes. They have many up-to-date images of Tempel 1 on their
      website.

      http://deepimpact.umd.edu/stsp

      Steve Farmer Jr.
      South Georgia USA

      --- In comets-ml@yahoogroups.com, "ozskywatch" <thestarman@h...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I am looking to update my website (www.paulfloyd.id.au) with
      > information on observatories providing webcasts of Comet Tempel 1
      > before and after the Deep Impact mission impactor collides with
      the
      > comet.
      >
      > The only one to date I have found is at Charles Sturt University,
      > Australia.
      >
      > Could someone on the list please advise what other observatories
      are
      > webcasting the comet.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Paul Floyd.
    • Manoj Pai
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2005
        You can watch the live webcast of the impact here

        http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/

        Manoj

        --- Steve Farmer Jr <steve_farmer_jr@...> wrote:

        > Hi Paul,