Comet for Windows 1.2.0 is released.

  • Seiichi Yoshida
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2004
      Dear colleagues,

      Today I released Comet for Windows 1.2.0.

      http://www.aerith.net/project/comet.html

      Now I added a function to calculate magnitude formula of a comet whose
      brightest peak is shifted.

      As you know, some periodic comets tend to become brightest some time
      after they become closest to the sun. In order to express the light
      curve of those comets, there is a way to calculate the magnitude using
      heliocentric distance of dt days before. That magnitude formula is as
      follows.

      m1 = m0 + 5 log delta + k log r(t - dt)

      For more details, please see the tutorial page:

      Various Light Curves of Comets
      http://www.aerith.net/project/comet/tutorial/LightCurve.html

      One of those periodic comet, 121P/Shoemaker-Holt is now observable. It
      was 17 mag on Sept. 18. The comet will be brightening after this, and
      reach to 14 mag in early 2005. The light curves are available at:

      http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/0121P/1996.html
      http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/0121P/2004.html

      Seiichi Yoshida
      comet@...