Re: SOHO comet pair in lastest C2 SOHO images

  • terryjlovejoy
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2003
      This was indeed an interesting SOHO Kreutz comet and showed a
      residual tail AFTER perihelion up until about 4hrs UT May 25th. I
      think the only other SOHO Kreutz comets show tail debrii after
      perihelion were 1998K10 and K11.

      This latest comet reached about mag 0-1, still well short of the mag -
      2 to -3 reached by some of the SOLWIND and Solar Max comets of the
      late 70's and 80's.

      Regards,
      Terry Lovejoy