Group nubie,astronomy ole timer

  • starmon623 <tomt@starmon.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2003
      Greetings astro-friends,
      First thanx to Randy M. for alerting me to this group. I 've been
      doing CCD work on comets for about a year & a half now. And if it's
      ever clear on a moonless night here in Colorado again, I hope to get
      out and photo other comets. Check out my astrophotos at
      http://starmon.com.sag.html I have a C-14 & a ST-6, but no color wheel
      ($800, get real). So here I go into the background until I get the
      feel of this group and have something to show/tell.

      Think cosmic,
      tomt-Starmon
    • Reiner M. Stoss <rstoss@hrz1.hrz.tu-darm
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2003
        > out and photo other comets. Check out my astrophotos at
        > http://starmon.com.sag.html I have a C-14 & a ST-6, but no color

        http://starmon.com/sag.html

        Reiner
      • Stefan Beck
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28, 2003
          Hello,

          here is my list of comets.

          1. Hyakutake without any doubt. It was a real comet.
          2. Hale-Bopp, because of it long lasting appearance as well as my
          first observation of it only 3 days after the discovery and a last observation
          in August 1998 from Namibia.

          3 rd is quit different due to the nice and bright comets like Austin 1989, Ikeya-Zhang, Levy 1990

          but I remember very good comet Williams 1998 P1 and Hartley 2 in 1991.
          Luckily I could observe comet Williams only a few days after discovery from
          Namibia. It was discovered only some 4 - 5 days before I travelled to Namibia so
          it was a nice adition to the great southern sky.

          In the early days of my comet observations I could observe Hartley 2 in August 1991 with the 1 meter telescope
          from Puimichel at mag 12 - 13 as a bright comet. Only
          2 months later I observed it with my 13 cm newtonian.

          Btw, I have uploaded a new image from comet Juels-Holvorcem taken on 21.02.2003 to my homepage.

          Thanks,

          Stefan Beck

          http://www.cometchaser.de
          "Astrophotography with small telescopes"

          http://www.cometchaser.de/d_index.html
          "Astrophotography with small telescopes auf Deutsch"

          http://www.geocities.com/stefan_beck_xyz/os2
          "Informationen zu OS/2, warum OS/2 ?"

          You need a real OS ? Take OS/2

          This OS/2 system uptime is 0d 3h 11m 47s 796ms (en).