Possible structures in the coma of C/2002 V1

  • gvnn64@libero.it
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hello,
      thanks to all for the references! In my opinion it would be very nice to
      keep informed the list on new interesting papers/books published about
      comets, isn't it?

      I uploaded in the "photo" section another couple of shots from two nights
      ago: C/2001 HT50 is showing a curious diffuse structure N of the central
      condensation, while the image of C/2002 V1, treated with a rotational-
      gradient algorithm, shows the possible feature (kind of bent"moustache")
      previously reported by Clay to the list. Given the poor S/N ratio and the
      danger of artifacts creations with the L-S algorithm, I'm very cautious
      about it; however more detailed investigations are incouraged...

      Bye,
      Giovanni