comet C/2011 L4 Panstarrs this morning

  • ligustri rolando
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
      This time I wanted to use a telescope that would give me a bigger field

      http://www.astrobin.com/39240/

      regards
      Rolando Ligustri
      ===============================
      C.A.R.A. http://cara.uai.it
      CAST: Circolo AStrofili Talmassons
      www.castfvg.it/fotoccd.htm#comete
    • skyweek
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
        > This time I wanted to use a telescope that would give me a bigger field

        O.k., one could *expect* some great deep images once PANSTARRS was finally
        out of twilight, but I wouldn't have thought that the very best images
        would be made only in mid-April, with the comet down to 6th magnitude.
        Once more pondering lessons in all of that for a certain ISON ...

        Daniel
      • Alan Hale
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
          Hello everyone,

          On the discovery announcement for P/2003 G4 that came out yesterday (CBET
          3473), there was a comment that Hidetaka Sato had noted a "possible cometary
          object" just a few arcminutes from that comet, but with a different motion.
          Is there any additional information about this object? There aren't any
          objects on the NEOCP that might correspond to this one.

          Sincerely,

          Alan

        • Alan Hale
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
            That should be P/2013 G4 . . .

          • Hidetaka
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
              Hi Alan,

              The 'another comet near P/2013 G4' does not exist.
              I cannot image it today...

              Hidetaka Sato
            • Alan Hale
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
                Dear Hidetaka,

                Thank you for the update. I was hoping we might have a "Comet Sato" on our
                hands, but oh well . . .

                Sincerely,

                Alan