SW Ontario Canada - PanSTARRS w slightly curved tail

  • Ellen Papenburg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2013
      Saw PanSTARRS finally, through 7x50 and very well with a 15x70.
      Initially I was very frustrated as it was not easy to be found when
      clouds were in the way. Fotunately they "sunk" lower to the horizon
      whilst it got much darker and then PANSTARRS almost popped out into view
      with a very nice slightly "elegant" curved tail of a bit more than 2
      degrees.

      It was very cold - 8 C feels like -14 C and binocs focussing seized up
      whilst we (Jim, my other half was with me) stood on the frozen snow at
      entrance of a farm's driveway not to be killed by cars driving by on the
      country road (incredible how many cars come by on a "quiet" road!!)
      This is supposed to be March..

      Good luck everyone! Seen some fab pictures here from you all, kudos!

      Ellen - SW Ontario, Canada - Mapleton near Drayton