L4 naked-eye and T5 faded

  • David Seargent
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2013
      (I tried to send the following last Friday morning, but apparently it did not go. In any case, since then I observed L4 one more time (Feb. 8.72) at 5.7 with 6x30 B and the same with the naked eye. The tail was just visible in 6x30s but not with the naked eye and the comet is a fine sight in 25x100 binocular telescope. )

      Hi all,

      L4 was just glimpsed with the naked eye this morning (Feb 7.73) at m = 5.9 (estimated with 6x30 binoculars). By contrast, I could not find T5 with any confidence last night (Feb. 44). At times I suspected a faint patch of around m = 11.5 near the position, but could not be sure if it was real. Nothing was seen using Swan Band filter.
      Cheers,
      David Seargent