71P, 96P, C/2011 U3

  • Seiichi Yoshida
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2012
      Dear colleagues,

      The following comets have not been observed recently. They are
      observable in the Southern Hemisphere.

      71P/Clark
      96P/Machholz 1
      C/2011 U3 ( PanSTARRS )

      http://www.aerith.net/comet/weekly/current.html

      Seiichi Yoshida
      comet@...
      http://www.aerith.net/
    • terryjlovejoy
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2012
        Hi Seiichi,

        From my survey images:

        May 16.8 : 71P at detection limit of 12 second exposures with 8" f2. Visual mag ~14.

        May 19.8:
        96P not visible (likely fainter than mag 14)
        C/2011 R1 condensed and easily visible at mag 13
        C/2011 U3 still too low for my location

        Terry

        --- In comets-ml@yahoogroups.com, Seiichi Yoshida <comet@...> wrote:

        > Dear colleagues,
        >
        > The following comets have not been observed recently. They are
        > observable in the Southern Hemisphere.
        >
        > 71P/Clark
        > 96P/Machholz 1
        > C/2011 U3 ( PanSTARRS )
        >
        > http://www.aerith.net/comet/weekly/current.html
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > --
        > Seiichi Yoshida
        > comet@...
        > http://www.aerith.net/

      • Seiichi Yoshida
        Message 3 of 3 , May 20, 2012
          Dear Terry Lovejoy,

          Thank you very much for your report!

          I updated the light curves of 71P and 96P in my web pages.

          It's nice that 71P is still bright as expected :-)

          P.S.
          I also updated the light curve of 17P/Holmes. Richard Miles, thank you
          for your report!

          Best regards,

          --
          Seiichi Yoshida