Lovejoy 20 Jan 2012

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2012
      Getting harder but tonight's shot seems to show it going right into the Milky Way, around 39 degrees:
      http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww271/Rob_Kau/C2011W320Jan201211-34UT18mmst6invtextsm.jpg

      Lester Barnes' shot tonight showed it to the edge of his frame, 38 degrees. He wasn't shooting quite as wide a field as me. I shot a field across the Milky Way again but there was no sign of any extension on the other side. The end of the tail will move into a clearer patch of sky in a couple of days so a bit more of its extent might be revealed. If it's still gettable.

      Cheers -

      Rob Kaufman
      Bright, Victoria, Australia