C/2011 W3 - Dec 23.7 - brighter again!

  • Vello Tabur
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2011
      Finally, I didn't have to drive too far this morning - only 30 mins out
      of Canberra to an old comet hunting location. My son and I arrived at 3
      am and were immediately treated to a glorious sight upon stepping out of
      the car, with 2/3 of the tail already above the horizon. The comet seems
      brighter again, now that it is visible in a dark sky without moonlight
      interference. The brightest part (about 1/3 of the way along the tail
      from the head) easily outshines the LMC.

      Got a few nice snaps too but I've only had time to put up this one:
      http://users.tpg.com.au/vtabur/2011w3/2011w3.htm

      More to follow.

      Vello
    • Frans van Loo