New Images of C/2011 W3 - FRAM

  • Jakub Černý
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 18, 2011
      Hello all,

      Weather loves us!

      I can show more FRAM images, from this morning - 18.12. near 9h UT
      (Argentina, Malargue):

      Average of 12 V-filtered exposures:

      http://www.kommet.cz/datas/users/averagev_1.png

      Average of 9 R-filtered exposures:

      http://www.kommet.cz/datas/users/averager_1.png

      Taken using the robotic telescope FRAM (30 cm SCT) in Malargue, Argentina
      with a CCD and photometric filters. The telescope is maintained by Jan Ebr,
      Michael Prouza, Martin Jelinek and Petr Kubanek and is powered by the RTS2
      software. The observation was suggested by Jakub Cerny and the images
      processed by Michal Ringes.

      Best regards,

      Jakub Cerny

    • P. Edward Murray
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 18, 2011
        Fantastic!

        This image reminds me of either some photos or a woodcut I've seen of some other comet!

        Ed Murray

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 18, 2011
          Jakub,

          > I can show more FRAM images, from this morning - 18.12. near 9h UT
          > (Argentina, Malargue):

          would it be possible to put a scale on the images or in the description?

          Cheers, Maik
        • Jakub Černý
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 18, 2011
            Hello Maik,

            Images has pixel resolutin in X and Y 0.977"

            V-filtered average have field: 21.88' x 13.87'

            R-filtered average have field: 23.09' x 13.36'

            Best regards,

            Jakub Cerny

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 18, 2011
              Hello all,

              I have tried very fast photometry for average extinction of V-filtered
              images.

              Dec 18.36 UT: m1=-1.0, aperture 45" - Comparsion star (TYC 6205-1556-1, TYC2
              Vt mag)

              For better measure we need to determine actual extinction, that's work for
              long winter evenings J

              Best regards,

              Jakub Cerny

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 18, 2011
                Jakub,

                > V-filtered average have field: 21.88' x 13.87'
                >
                > R-filtered average have field: 23.09' x 13.36'

                many thanks!

                Maik
              • Jakub Černý
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 19, 2011
                  Hello all,

                  Today, there is lack of comparsion objects :(
                  Results for average extinction and V-Filtered magnitudes with Saturn giving
                  results in range:
                  1.7 to 2.7 mag (sky background and extinction sensitive)

                  Best regards,
                  Jakub Cerny