RE: [comets-ml] Re: C/2011 W3 (Lovejoy) BRIGHTENED!

  • Jakub Černý
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 10, 2011
      Hello John,

      Very preliminary results giving values:

      R filter, 40" aperture: 7.9 mag

      V filter, 40" aperture: 7.7 mag

      Best regards,

      Jakub Cerny

      From: comets-ml@yahoogroups.com [mailto:comets-ml@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of jbortle@...
      Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 3:36 PM
      To: comets-ml@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [comets-ml] Re: C/2011 W3 (Lovejoy) BRIGHTENED!

      In a message dated 12/10/2011 9:15:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      janebr@... <mailto:janebr%40email.cz> writes:

      Hi,

      after one night's glitch, we have another observation of C/2011 W3 on the
      morning sky. I am not sure if it is appropriate to clutter up this mailing
      list with this kind of photos, so please tell me. But as several people
      have expressed strong interest in this particularly interesting comet, I
      think
      you may like them. The tail is now so much longer than two days ago! We
      have also gotten rid some issues probalby related to camera readout, so the
      image is much cleaner now.

      _http://ccd.wz.cz/1209v.jpg_ (http://ccd.wz.cz/1209v.jpg)

      _http://ccd.wz.cz/1209r.jpg_ (http://ccd.wz.cz/1209r.jpg)

      Taken this morning (around 8 UT).

      Jan

      Jan - Even a "guess" about the comet's brightness on your latest images
      would be of enormous value in predicting the future of 2011 W3.