Other C/2010 X1 recovery attempt

  • Juanjo González
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 22, 2011
      Hello,

      This is the observation i made last night from my observatory. I have
      seen this kind of cloud displacing along X1 theorical trajectory at
      least three times in last two weeks. Could be any kind of reflection or
      artifact, but at least in two of my sequences it is clear.

      Perhaps this is what J.J. Gonzalez has seen.

      http://85.152.1.133/astro/2011/c2010x1-3.gif

      Best,
      Juanjo González Díaz
      Cielo Profundo Observatory J01
    • Jakub Černý
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 22, 2011
        Hello Juanjo,

        Great image!

        Any more informations about instrument, time and exposures?

        Best regards,

        Jakub Cerny

        This is the observation i made last night from my observatory. I have
        seen this kind of cloud displacing along X1 theorical trajectory at
        least three times in last two weeks. Could be any kind of reflection or
        artifact, but at least in two of my sequences it is clear.

        Perhaps this is what J.J. Gonzalez has seen.

        http://85.152.1.133/astro/2011/c2010x1-3.gif

        Best,
        Juanjo Gonz�lez D�az
        Cielo Profundo Observatory J01

      • gvnn64@libero.it
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 22, 2011
          Dears Rolando, Juanjo and Leonid,
          thanks a lot for yours useful follow-up on CCDs imaging (by the way Rolando's image is simply stunning, well worth an APOD, IMHO).

          Finally, it's a real joy for me to present my sincere congratulations to J.J. for his ability and seriousness on the visual observation of faint fuzzies: you teach me another one or two good lessons also in this instance, my old fellow observer. Please, don't give up...

          Bye,
          Giovanni
        • juanjgondiaz
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 22, 2011
            Thanks,

            I used a C9.25 f6, AO8 and ST8-XME. Each image is a average of 15 images of 60" each, bin 2x2.

            -Juanjo

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 22, 2011
              Two pictures of the sequence average and median of 50 images 60" each.

              -Juanjo