Asteroid Palma and New Nova in Core of Andromeda Galaxy - Oct 20

  • josephbrimacombe
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2011
      This widefield image includes both the Asteroid and a Mag 17.2 Nova near the core of Andromeda. Interestingly enough, on the previous day the asteroid was mistaken for a supernova in Andromeda.

      Clear skies

      Joe

      Asteroid and Nova http://www.flickr.com/photos/43846774@N02/6265802478/
      Nova only (color image): http://www.flickr.com/photos/43846774@N02/6266015483/

      Joseph Brimacombe
      Coral Towers Observatory
    • Soulier Jean-François
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2011
        Hello.

        I put the link to the AVI (a bit heavy to download).
        This is an animation of 4x (10x180s). I left voluntarily the apparent displacement of the aster, to give a sense of motion :
        http://6888comete.free.fr/images/asteroides/TERMINE.avi

        The link to the full page with the enlarged image on the possible nova in the center of M31 :
        http://6888comete.free.fr/fr/imageASTEROIDES.htm

        Sincerely.
        SOULIER Jean-François
        C10/France