Update about of C/2010 X1 (Elenin) afrho lightcurve

  • gvnn64@libero.it
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24 1:59 AM
      A short update about the ongoing observing campaign on C/2010 X1 (Elenin).

      This comet appears to show yet another change in its afrho lightcurve. After a decrease, and possibly a "plateau-like" phase experienced in the past weeks, in our last data the comet seems to show some hints of a slight increase of its afrho values: http://tinyurl.com/6jhvqeg

      This migth well be the initial phase of a new whole change in the lightcurve (currently the comet is about 1.7 AU from the Sun).

      We encourage the fellow observers for its follow-up, in order to check any new possible trend in the lightcurve. Special thanks to Erik Bryssinck, who provided the last set of data.

      Bye,
      Giovanni Sostero ed Giannantonio Milani (CARA)