Re: [comets-ml] Re: C/2007 N1 (Lulin) faint?

  • Michael Mattiazzo
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2008
      Hello all,

      I have no trouble seeing C/2007 N3 Lulin in SOHO LASCO C3 images.
      I've done a stack of 5 images centered around 20UT on December 1 and made a
      comparison field using Guide 8 software.
      You can find the image at my website:

      http://www.yp-connect.net/~mmatti/

      The nucleus of the comet looks to be about magnitude 9.
      My last visual observation was on October 27th, magnitude 9.0, diameter 5',
      dc 3, through 25x100mm binoculars.

      Also for those interested, I've uploaded a comet planner for 2009 for all
      comets likely to be observable visually (to magnitude 14), and sorted into
      hemispheres :)

      Cheers,
      Michael Mattiazzo