144P/Kushida

  • Seiichi Yoshida
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
      Dear colleagues,

      http://www.aerith.net/comet/weekly/current.html

      Please observe 144P/Kushida.

      It must be brightening rapidly, and already around 18 mag.

      This comet has been already observed in this apparition at Mauna Kea
      and by Spitzer Space Telescope. But brightness has not been reported
      yet.

      Seiichi Yoshida
      comet@...
      http://www.aerith.net/
    • gvnn64@libero.it
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
        > Please observe 144P/Kushida.

        Dear Seiichi Yoshida,
        we tried to image 144P/Kushida on 2008, Aug. 2.1, but without success. Limiting magnitude was about 18.5.

        Cheers,
        Giovanni Sostero and Ernesto Guido
      • Seiichi Yoshida
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2008
          Dear Giovanni Sostero and Ernesto Guido,

          > we tried to image 144P/Kushida on 2008, Aug. 2.1, but without success. Limiting magnitude was about 18.5.

          Thank you very much. I updated my light curve:

          http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/0144P/2009.html

          Seiichi Yoshida
          comet@...
          http://www.aerith.net/
        • gvnn64@libero.it
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 10, 2008
            Dear Seiichi,
            we tried it again on 2008, Aug. 11.07 UT from the Remanzacco Observatory (MPC 473): we couldn't find the comet in the ephemerids position. The stellar limiting magnitude we reached in the area was about 20.

            Kind regards,
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 30, 2008
              Dear Giovanni Sostero and Ernesto Guido,

              > we tried it again on 2008, Aug. 11.07 UT from the Remanzacco Observatory (MPC 473): we couldn't find the comet in the ephemerids position. The stellar limiting magnitude we reached in the area was about 20.

              Thank you very much for your observation!

              I updated the light curve at:

              http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/0144P/2009.html

              Here is the light curve at the discovery in 1994:

              http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/0144P/1993.html

              It was discovered after the perihelion passage. The orbit has not
              changed so much since mid 20th century, but it was not discovered
              until 1994. Therefore, it seems to have been in irregular outburst at
              the discovery...

              Seiichi Yoshida
              comet@...
              http://www.aerith.net/