Re: [comets-ml] Re: August 1 solar eclipse and Pygmy Sungrazers

  • Alan Hale
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      I'm sure you've all seen MPEC O67, about the inbound Kreutz that was
      discovered today. It's looking pretty faint to me on the C3 images, but
      we'll see what happens between now and eclipse time.

      I'll probably be upset if the weather at the Devon Island site turns out to
      be good . . . although the latest forecast I've seen is still pretty "iffy."
      If the comet does brighten, hopefully any of you who traveled to a location
      of the path that's clear may be able to get an observation of it.

      Sincerely,

      Alan