Recovery of 108P/Ciffreo

  • filip fratev
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2007
      According to MPEC-P07:
      http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/mpec/K07/K07P07.html
      108P was recovered on 24/07/2007 by Ernesto and Giovanni and confirmed by our team on 03/08/2007.
      We performed our observation at the National Bulgarian Observatory “Rhozen” with help of 50/70 cm
      Schmidt telescope in R filter. The comet shows a coma with diameter about 13 arc seconds and total
      magnitude 16.4R.
      Regards,
      Filip and Veselka Radeva

      http://sims.yahoo.com/
    • walcom77
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
        Hi Filip, Hi All

        Yes, we confirm that we have recovered 108P/Ciffreo on July 24.44 by means of
        a 0.25m, f/3.4 reflector + CCD (remotely, near Mayhill, NM).

        Cloudy weather prevented us to obtain a second night so Your
        observation of 03 August 2007 has been precious.

        Our photometry show the comet to be close to magnitude R~ 16.2, with a
        coma almost 12" in diameter; preliminary afrho data reduction places
        it at 50 +/- 10 cm (rather modest)"-.

        According to the Minor Planet Center's website "Dates of last
        observation of comets" it was last observed on 2000 12 22.46 696

        An Image is available here:

        http://tinyurl.com/2f5qpt

        Ernesto Guido & Giovanni Sostero (Remanzacco Obs., CARA)

        http://www.afamweb.com
        http://cara.uai.it