P/2005 RV25 ( LONEOS-Christensen )

  • Seiichi Yoshida
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2006
      Dear colleagues,

      Comet P/2005 RV25 ( LONEOS-Christensen ) is now around the perihelion.
      It should be observable at 17.5 mag now. But actually, it was not
      observed for about 1 year!

      http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/2005RV25/2005RV25.html

      Anobody has tried to observe it recently?

      Seiichi Yoshida
      comet@...
      http://www.aerith.net/
    • yekpkom
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2007
        Dear Mr. Yoshida,

        I've tried to observe this comet an Aug 31 and Oct 30 2006. Both times
        I could not see the comet down to 18.5 mag R.

        best regards

        Werner Hasubick
        215 Buchloe

        --- In comets-ml@yahoogroups.com, Seiichi Yoshida <comet@...> wrote:

        > Dear colleagues,
        >
        > Comet P/2005 RV25 ( LONEOS-Christensen ) is now around the perihelion.
        > It should be observable at 17.5 mag now. But actually, it was not
        > observed for about 1 year!
        >
        > http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/2005RV25/2005RV25.html
        >
        > Anobody has tried to observe it recently?
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > --
        > Seiichi Yoshida
        > comet@...
        > http://www.aerith.net/

      • yekpkom
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2007
          Dear Mr. Yoshida,

          I've tried to observe this comet an Aug 31 and Oct 30 2006. Both times
          I could not see the comet down to 18.5 mag R.

          best regards

          Werner Hasubick
          215 Buchloe

          --- In comets-ml@yahoogroups.com, Seiichi Yoshida <comet@...> wrote:

          > Dear colleagues,
          >
          > Comet P/2005 RV25 ( LONEOS-Christensen ) is now around the perihelion.
          > It should be observable at 17.5 mag now. But actually, it was not
          > observed for about 1 year!
          >
          > http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/2005RV25/2005RV25.html
          >
          > Anobody has tried to observe it recently?
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > --
          > Seiichi Yoshida
          > comet@...
          > http://www.aerith.net/

        • Seiichi Yoshida
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2007
            Dear Werner Hasubick,

            > I've tried to observe this comet an Aug 31 and Oct 30 2006. Both times
            > I could not see the comet down to 18.5 mag R.

            Thank you!

            Ken-ichi Kadota also reported that it was not detected on Nov. 17 and
            25 and the comet was probably fainter than 18.5 mag.

            I updated the light curve. I think it was temporarily bright in 2005.

            http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/2005RV25/2005RV25.html

            Seiichi Yoshida
            comet@...
            http://www.aerith.net/
          • Eric J. Christensen
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
              Seiichi,

              I attempted to image P/2005 RV25 on Jan. 08 2006. It was not
              recorded, down to a limiting magnitude of V=22.0.

              I also attempted P/2005 T5 (Broughton) on the same night, but did not
              record it down to V=22.0.

              And now, back to your regularly scheduled McNaught Mania (caught my
              first glimpse tonight).

              Regards,

              Eric

              --- In comets-ml@yahoogroups.com, Seiichi Yoshida <comet@...> wrote:

              > Dear colleagues,
              >
              > Comet P/2005 RV25 ( LONEOS-Christensen ) is now around the perihelion.
              > It should be observable at 17.5 mag now. But actually, it was not
              > observed for about 1 year!
              >
              > http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/2005RV25/2005RV25.html
              >
              > Anobody has tried to observe it recently?
              >
              > Best regards,
              >
              > --
              > Seiichi Yoshida
              > comet@...
              > http://www.aerith.net/

            • Seiichi Yoshida
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 13, 2007
                Dear Eric J. Christensen,

                > I attempted to image P/2005 RV25 on Jan. 08 2006. It was not
                > recorded, down to a limiting magnitude of V=22.0.
                >
                > I also attempted P/2005 T5 (Broughton) on the same night, but did not
                > record it down to V=22.0.

                Thank you for your informative reports.

                Well, your observations are on Jan. 8, 2007, not 2006, I guess.

                I updated the light curves of them:

                http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/2005RV25/2005RV25.html

                http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/2005T5/2005T5.html

                P/2005 RV25 must be in outburst at the discovery.

                P/2005 T5 may also have been in outburst at the discovery. But maybe
                the comet tends to brighten and fade out very rapidly around the
                perihelion. It will be clear in its next apparition.

                Seiichi Yoshida
                comet@...
                http://www.aerith.net/